The past decade brought multiple changes for HIM professionals including ICD-10, the proliferation of EHRs, new privacy and security risks, and rapidly advancing value-based reimbursement models. As medical records quickly moved to digital—and payments shifted to value—traditional HIM roles have evolved.
Some hospitals and health systems find themselves lacking the coding and HIM leadership skills they need to keep up. From HIM Directors to Coding Managers, maintaining the correct levels of professional leadership is a complex conundrum for many revenue executives.
Woodham HIM Solutions offers an experienced team of directors and managers to fill key HIM leadership roles during leaves or lasting vacancies. We’ll actively perform your most important HIM duties for any period—interim or long term. Based on your unique needs and specific HIM priorities, our directors and managers are available to:
- Bring DNFB to acceptable levels
- Identify areas of concern within HIM processes
- Provide departmental education
- Attend required meetings
- Work with physicians, CDI and revenue teams
Each and every interim management assignment includes assessment, planning and preparation. Because we also provide logical problem-solving advice for your HIM operations, you’ll benefit from Woodham’s professionalism and expertise long after our consultants depart.
Our HIM directors turn mandates into opportunities and requirements into results through responsibility for all health information functions including:
- Manage all HIM personnel, business associates and contractors
- Provide reports and best practices to senior management
- Assess current staff credentials, productivity and accuracy
- Oversee the operations and processes of HIM
- Coordinate with departments to ensure complete and accurate documentation
- Ensure HIPAA standards and requirements are met
- Work with information systems to maximize all HIM software and methods
- Lead information governance program development and best practices
- Temporary shortages or long-tem vacancies—both are covered by Woodham HIM Solutions.
- We offer flexible contracts and competitive rates to keep your coding and HIM departments optimized, responsible and productive.
Operate your HIM department by using Woodham’s professional Interim Management services today.
Our Mission Statement
Our first responsibility is to our customers. Everything we do must be of the highest quality in providing timely, accurate and client driven services. Our primary focus is providing a team of professional and experienced coders, auditors, directors and consultants to support stronger revenue integrity for our hospitals.